Tuesday, June 24, 2008

HELP!

I just finished reading Dracula last night. It was really cool! Reading it made me feel like I was in some video game like Castlevania or Resident Evil or something. Naturally after finishing it, I felt the intrinsic compulsion that almost every person who has finished reading a book feels, to discuss it with somebody. It was late at night at the time, so I couldn't talk to my sister about it, I checked on line to see who was on but there was no one whom I thought would appreciate me discussing with them what I thought of the oh so marvelous piece of literature that I had just read. Then, it dawned upon me that my mother was still awake! I was excited as I thought that this would be my opportunity to have a rousing conversation with a like-minded person. This turned out to be one of the biggest mistakes I have made of late! I had forgotten to check the toilets for proof as to whether the stately governess was going through her monthly motions(I usually do this as often as possible so as to gage whether or not I can be a naughty boy). Because of the ultra intense fervour of wonderful feelings rushing through my veins stemming from the effects of the climax of Dracula, I had ironically forgotten about my mothers terribly horrid and bloody monthly secretions that wreak havoc on her mind. I left my room ready to explode about how Dracula was so wonderful a book for its time and that I should make my sister read it when I was met with a horrid piercing glare that could only have been emitted by the antagonist of the aforementioned book or a human female high from an overpowering dose of certain hormones excreted at non helpful amounts. The proceeding argument then took place:-

Mother: Why haven't you gone and registered for Australia yet?!!(eyes burning)
Me: Err....
Mother: You so irresponsible! I've sent you the email of a friends son so that you can ask him to check out the place you are applying for for you! I did this last week! Why haven't you contacted him yet???
Me: I already have a friend doing it for me...
Mother: And why hasn't this friend of yours told you about the place yet??? You do know that the places at institutions fill up fast don't you?? Why are you dilly-dallying? Why has she taken so long?? DO YOU EVEN WANT TO STUDY???? DO YOU EVEN WANT A BETTER FUTURE???
(I was so caught off guard I couldn't fashion any good excuses!)
Me: I think my friend is having exams but sh...(I couldn't finish because she cut in)
Mother: You don't seem to care about your future! If you don't care I won't care! Good luck to you! (Storms off)

A few minutes later she had woken up my father and had started telling him about my "terrible" deeds or lack thereof. I wanted to cry! I didn't know what to do! I haven't registered yet because I'm still waiting for replies from other places that I applied for. That would have shut her up, but my mind could not pull up this information in time because all I had were notes about Dracula at hand. It was hardly even an argument! More of a situation in which I stared at her stupidly as she went on and on about how horrid I am.

Now I am at work and I dread the time for me to go back to the hell that is my home and also the home of the demi-Dracula. I need space! HELP!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

awh man...i'm not talking to me mom now either...i dunno what's her prob lar...really making me P.O'ed. haih. when are u not working? let's go out. so bliming pissed. wanna bitch. HEARTS.

Ann said...

sorryy... but i'm asking sam to bring some broachers of william angliss back for you!

talk to you soooon! kisskiss.