Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm the highness!

Yesterday, I and my family went for dinner at The Curve. You see, last night was the night reunion dinners are usually held (the night before Chinese New Year) but since we had an early reunion dinner the night before with the rest of the family(my grandparents, my aunty and uncle, and stuff) we didn't have anyone to have dinner with on the night of reunion dinners. On the count of we didn't want to have a plain old dinner at home, we decided to have dinner out. We went to this restaurant where they served German style food and we ordered this set with lots of German meat like veal sausage and stuff, and my mum and I being the wonderful alcohol lovers that we were decided to order a bottle of wine. "Yay! Wine!" I thought.

We ate and ate and I ate a lot. I also had lots of wine. Lots and lots of wine. I had like maybe 5 glasses. My dad after we had ordered the wine decided that he wasn't going to have more than 1 glass and in the end, didn't finish his glass. So me and my mum finished most of the bottle. My sister who is 12 had 2 glasses also. As a result of drinking so much, we were all really really tipsy after dinner, even my dad who I discovered cannot hold his alcohol very well. My mum was quite high and suddenly had a craving for ice cream so, we all walked to Tesco which was just across from the Curve to get our ice cream. We bought like a tub each of really cheap walls ice cream and I had cookies and cream flavour. It was so funny because we looked like this family of drunks walking around Tesco looking for ice cream. Then we went to the car. I had driven everyone to the curve in my car but I was feeling too woozy to drive so I asked my dad to drive. Just as we finished paying at the parking payer machine thing my mum recieved this call and after that she kept laughing and laughing. We were all like "whats wrong?". It turned out that we had forgotten to pay for dinner and the waiter had just realised. My mum had a reservation at the restaurant before so he got her number and called us. It was so stupid! We had to drive all the way out of the Curve since we had already paid for the parking and had only 10 minutes to get out of the parking lot before the ticket expired. So we drove all the way out and then drove to the entrance of the Curve where my dad had to park, get out of the car, walk all the way to the restaurant and pay for dinner. It was like this weird drunken adventure!

When we got home I was like really really whoa and decided to watch some family guy on my computer. I randomly picked two episodes which I had downloaded and watched them both forgetting completely about the ice cream. After that I went to sleep. I woke up 3 hours later and it was about 3 a.m.. I remembered the ice cream and I was like "lets have some!". So I went downstairs and took out my cookies and cream from the freezer and brought it to my room. I had pushed the sofa bed in my room in front of the computer so I could watch Family Guy on the computer more comfortably and had turned it into a bed. I suddenly felt like watching How I Met Your Mother so I did since I had also downloaded a few episodes on my computer. I watched like 1 episode and in that episode finished the whole 500ml tub of cookies and cream. I felt piggified and not sleepy so I watched more episodes until I was too tired to watch anymore and then I went back to sleep.

I woke up and it was 9 30 a.m. and it was Chinese New Year! I was like "OK! Lets bathe!". So I took a bath and then I put on my new clothes. I was extremely excited about my new Levi's jeans that I had bought a week ago. They like fit me really really well and I think they look gorgeous. So I put them on and found this cool shirt my mum bought for me, its brown. I put that on sprayed on some perfume and went downstairs where my mum and dad gave us Ang Pao's (red packets filled with cash usually given to unmarried people on Chinese New Year). We were in for a long day of visiting (during the Chinese New Year celebrations which last about a month people visit their relatives and friends to say hi and stuff) ahead of us.

First we went to my grandmothers house where we met a bunch of aunties and uncles who kept telling me that I "lost so much weight la!!!" and asking "are you anorexic?". It was quite amusing. Then we went to this other aunties house to visit my grandfathers sister who is bedridden because she has diabetes. I don't think she remembers us anymore being that she is so sick. Then we went to my grandfathers sisters house (even though she died more than 10 years ago). I guess we went there to see my fathers cousins. They're this pair of ladies one is divorced and one is married but her husband is never around. Lately the son of the one with the husband has been going through a dog craze. There were like 5 dogs in the house. It smelled so icky! After that we went to my mothers eldest sisters house (my mother has 5 sisters and 2 brothers.) Then we went to her eldest brothers house. Everyone kept asking me why I was so thin and telling me to put on weight. By this time I was not ammused anymore. Then because it was dinner time, we went back home.

I'm feeling quite happy because I've collected alot of money, but I am also feeling quite irritated that people think I'm too thin. I'm not too thin. In fact I think I'm quite not thin. I should put on some muscle so I don't look too thin.

No comments: